Although the iPhone screen is very durable and Apple claims that the it is unbreakable, accidents do happen. The damage to your iPhone screen depends on which model you have. If the damage to your iPhone is substantial, you should consider replacing it with a newer model. Otherwise, there are several different things you can do.
Replacing Your iPhone Screen
- iFixit has a Do It Yourself kit for $65 which includes instructions on how to replace the screen.
- Amazon has a Do It Yourself kit kit which costs less than $15 which you can use to replace your broken screen
- You can have your iPhone repaired or replaced by an Official apple store or dealer for $199
- If you would rather have your iPhone fixed at a third party vendor or a retail store, the cost is usually around $125.
Fixing your broken screen
Here are some notes on how to fix the screen yourself.
- Youtube and other video sites are a great source for videos about fixing the iPhone screen.
- Note that each model of the iPhone has a different method for fixing the screen. So when searching, add in your iPhone model.
- Always have a backup of all of your data before you try to perform any type of maintenance. You can do this by syncing your iPhone with Apple iTunes.
- Keep in mind that replacing the screen yourself or having a third party do the replacement voids your warranty permanently.
Protecting your iPhone
The best way to prevent damage to your iPhone in the first place is to protect it by using specific iPhone accessories as well as iPhone insurance. The small price you pay for protection will pay off in the future by saving you the hassle and cost of getting the screen replaced or repaired.